Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fighters and Foosters

Dave Grohl
Probably the biggest statement ever made on Edie & Her Tambourine - Foo Fighters were the greatest gig I've ever been to... FACT!




It was just a casual Monday night and I headed to the infamous iTunes festival to witness what I thought would be a cool, teen-ravaged 'free' gig for Foo Fighters. Little was I to expect that I would have my mind completely blown by probably the most charismatic man in music - Dave Grohl.

Not only did he introduce his humble band to the crowd and have a chat (reminding us Taylor Hawkins is JUST the drummer), he also had friends Roger Taylor & Brian May from Queen come on stage and jam with them PLUS Lemmy from Motorhead also join in the fun.


Highlights of the gig included Dave Grohl's witty banter and rockstar stealth moves such as suddenly appearing at the back of the Roundhouse on the bar ripping it up on his guitar; and stopping midsong to stop a fight which had broken out in the crowd to throw the trouble maker out of the gig. His zero tolerance to stupid behaviour was applauded by the entire audience with Grohl claiming we came here for a good time and to dance.



Surprisingly, their latest hit Rope was the second song played in the set - something I wasn't expecting but I'm also OK with the choice. Best of You really got the crowd going to the point where it was almost as if we were the ones guiding the band to continue playing to song. It was mesmerising to say the least.

Rumour has it Seasick Steve and Jimmy Page were also in the crowd... I didn't manage to get a glimpse but that's ok because the Fooey's were busy taking my breath away. Here's my excited report back to Sydney for Triple M.
Taylor Hawkins with Roger Taylor and Brian May


No comments:

Post a Comment