Thursday, December 3, 2009

Festival Fashion Fails

The Hawaiin Shirt
You remember it. It was the late 1990’s and your Dad would be heading out for the weekend. He would chuck on his Hawaiian shirt and no doubt your little brother would have one in clashing yet oddly matching patterns. Well the Hawaiian shirt has surfaced again! Pictured here is a group of wonderful blokes I went to uni with. These guys never say die, and chose the standout shirts for this years Village Fair. Needless to say, they were easily spotted all day.


Shaped Sunnies
They were a hit in 2006, but are now a miss. The heart shaped sunnies aren’t sexy, they are simply shocking, especially on the male race. My mum bought a pack of star shaped sunnies...a whole pack... for $2 not long ago. Do I need to say anymore?

The Character Backpack
I don’t care how cool you thought Elmo was at age 5, wearing him as a backpack to a festival later in life is creepy and crazy. My mate Jason thought it would be hilarious this year for some festival fun but I had to keep my distance as it was definitely a FAIL...awwwww.


Knee High Gladiator Sandles
Now this may not be a complete fail. But it sure does look uncomfortable. What about those smoking hot days? Having your legs wrapped in leather is the last thing I would tolerate. However... each to their own.




Leopard Print Knickers
Actually... I should rename this “Seeing your knickers in general”. Keep it to the bedroom kids! If you are wearing a dress short enough to expose the world to your nether regions, then at least chose a bloch colour that could be swimwear. Nobody wants to think the leopard escaped the zoo at a festival. Check out what I had to face at Homebake 2008.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment