Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Just Called... To Say...

Have you ever found yourself quoting songs in conversation?
Lyrics are just one of those things that will stick in the back of the mind forever and ever. Whether it be ”Can’t touch this” by
MC Hammer or ”If I die before I wake. At least in heaven I can skate.” by OPM, once someone gives you an imaginary queue, you will without a doubt start thinking of that song.

Just today, a friend of mine text me in response to something I said with the simple words ”No sex for Ben”.


Naturally the question popped into my head ’who on EARTH is Ben?’ to which said friend simply responded “it’s a song by The Rapture”.

I put the question to the people. What lyrics always pop out of your mouth? This is the response:


Kristy Coulcher from Hunters Hill has a bad case of just saying yes
”i always have ‘just say yes’ by the cure in my head”






Oliver Munson from Colchester, UK is notorious for replying to any complaint one makes with the simple Jack Johnson lyrics
“Where’d all the good people go”





Alex Badran from Wollongong admitted the ultimate in crimes - lyrics as pick up lines. He can be found smoothly seducing the ladies with the Arctic Monkeys line
"I bet that you look good on the dance floor"
 
 
 
 


General consensus among my peers admitted to using
"Tonight's gonna be a good good night"
... CRINNNNNNNNNNNGE

And it’s not only in conversations. Check your facebook feed. More often than not, you’ll have people expressing every emotion under the sun through lyrics:
 

Give me some feedback guys!!! When have you been able to express yourself more easily with lyrics than your own words? - Heck 9/10 of you would have finished the title of this blog without even knowing it. Thankyou Stevie Wonder
Black Eyed Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment