Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Got Rogued

Thursday 10th December was my work Christmas party. My work love to go all out and this year the ‘surprise’ act (It’s never a surprise when you have Brendan on the party committee) was Rogue Traders.

rogue tradersThis a British-Australian electro band has been around for quite some time. Recently joined by new front woman Melinda 'Mindi' Jackson(pictured below), I had no massive expectations for the evening (to be honest I only knew these guys as Natalie Bassingthwaighte’s band) so was pleasantly surprised. Automatically coming to the assumption that these guys would rip out some new hits that I wouldn’t know, I was shocked and a little excited to find myself singing along to all their hot hits such as “Voodoo Child” and “In Love Again”.

Photobucket Although a short set (I think... bring on the vodka), Mindi had such energy that you didn’t want to take your eyes off her. They interacted with the crowd in a very grateful manner plus kept the vibe of the room intact.

Proud to call them an Aussie group :D and am super excited for their new track 'Love Is A War' to be released by digital download on Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment